If your company is using HubSpot CRM for Sales and Marketing, chances are your portal contains a lot of custom fields that are important to your business. If you have added all of those fields to the "About" section for Contact, Company and Deal records, (or your administrator has added the fields by default) those page views can get quite overwhelming.
When you find yourself endlessly scrolling to source important information on the left sidebar in HubSpot, this simple trick will help. . .
And it's so easy, you'll kick yourself for never having taken advantage of it before...
It's All About the "Caret"
First, let's take a look at all of the items we have on the left side of a sample Contact record. It can get overwhelming pretty quickly, as evidenced by the image of my contact record in BSP's own HubSpot deployment. Just look at how much information is stuffed into that sidebar...
- In this section, you will find all of my pertinent contact details, including the custom fields that we have chosen to include (What is your Role, What is your Function).
- If you are an Agency Partner, this section indicates the registration status of your lead with HubSpot. If your lead is registered, you can freely pursue this lead.
- Dealflow for this contact can be identified with this module. You may have one, or several deals open with this Contact (or Company).
- If the contact is associated with a company, this attribution, along with the complete company details will be available in this section.
- This module indicates the total number of Lists the contact belongs to, and provides a quick link to manage list memberships for the individual.
- In this area, you will find some basic website traffic details like the number of site visits, pages viewed, and the most recent visit date / time.
- Similar to List Membership, here you'll find the workflows your contact is enrolled in, and the ability to quickly edit that prospect's workflow membership.
- Another great feature that is rarely used (but one for another Tips & Tricks topic...), the Attachments module allows you to upload and keep track of important documentation connected with the contact, company or deal.
- And the list goes on... At this point, you'll find modules for any custom integrations, like your Salesforce hooks, or PandaDoc shared resources. There are many additional fields that can clutter the left sidebar on a Contact, Company or Deal record.
We have gotten all the way to the end of this list, and there is just so much more to go on the left sidebar...
So what are we to do when all of these fields are getting in the way, and we want to concentrate our efforts on specific information on the Contact record?
Caret To The Rescue!
This simple little icon located at the top left of every module is actually a button! Use it to collapse any unwanted modules so that they only take up a bit of your screen real-estate.
Clicking On The Caret Icon Transforms This:
Notice that the Caret symbol ^ is now an Angle Bracket >
With this trick, you can consolidate the entire left sidebar, except for the module that you are actively working with, to eliminate the clutter and streamline your HubSpot Workflows. Let's take a look at an example below:
Clean & Uncluttered
This much more streamlined sidebar is easy to navigate, and now I can concentrate my efforts on the task at hand - managing the list memberships for contact Craig Cook - hey wait, thats me!
And remember. This tip not only works on the Contact record, but flows through to the Company and Deal records, in addition to a lot of administrative functionality on the HubSpot CRM.
Using this tip to eliminate the clutter will help any HubSpotter have a better overall experience.
Try it For Yourself!
Next time you see a Caret symbol, give it a click to see what it does... It might be just the thing you were looking for to clean up your interface and focus your attention on what matters.
And there you have it! Another quick HubSpot Tip from the Business Solution Partner's team to help you streamline your HubSpot workflows. Stay tuned to our SaaS Tips & Tricks Blog for a steady stream of helpful information for HubSpot Users and Administrators.